Hi all you amazing people out there!
Guess what? It’s throwback time! So why not make it the most embarrassing throwback ever? There’s no doubt … Let’s check out my old Facebook stuff!
“What’s on your mind?”
This little question is probably the first words that meet your eyes when you log into Facebook. And it’s been asked as long as I can remember. I’ve to say, it’s pretty interesting to ask myself the same question now, as I dig into my old and apparently brainless Facebook statuses from 2010. However, those statuses are originally written in Norwegian, of course, but I’ll do my best to translate them as authentic as possible. Seriously, someone should have warned the 14 year old me about my extremely low level of intelligence.
“Today, I’ve learned that ‘Big One Triple Cheese’ tastes extremely good when one’s hungry, and when you’re not hungry anymore, it just makes you sick.”
– See? Extremely low level of intelligence.
“Spent the most boring lessons at school drawing this, hehe … ”
– I can physically TOUCH the wish of being a badass … Girl, are you trying to make people believe you don’t pay attention at school?
“Everyone’s outdoors doing outdoor stuff. And what am I doing? I’m indoors, reading for the science test -.-”
– There you go. Honesty lasts longest.
“Gonna fall asleep with my nose on the keyboard soon.”
– And it wasn’t by far the last time!
“I’ve got ‘Baby’ by Justin Bieber stuck to my brain … Dunno whether to scream ‘Yeeaaahh!’ or ‘Noooo!'”
– You say you don’t know?! The worst part is that most people said I should scream ‘Yeeaaahh!'”
– Hey, did you know Facebook has this amazing thing called ‘chat’? Use it.”
“This must’ve been just before I was about to fall off the stage … ”
– Oh, I remember that … And actually, I wasn’t only about to fall off the stage, I was about to crash into a journalist in the same process. And by the way, that’s NOT an accepted Breakdance outfit.”
“Years in a row, I’ve got sunshine on my birthday. This year, I also got that, in addition to snow and a little bit of hail 😛 ”
– Well, it’s no surprise at all when you write Facebook statuses like these.
“Lightning and thunder … It’s PRETTY adorable!!!!”
– Awww … You’re scared to death, aren’t you?
“I’m actually going to bed right NOW! ;P ”
– Uhm … Okay? Is that an invitation … ?
“Your body gets a bit sore when Breakdancing for 3 hours … ❤ ”
– … And you’ll discover that it gets even more sore after a battle of only half an hour!
“FINALLY Mum and Dad got the point; we don’t need a Santa Claus for Christmas … ”
– But you still wanted the candy!
So … “What’s on your mind?” Awkwardness. And lots of it! Well, that’s enough awkwardness for today, guys! I guess you owe me a Facebook status or three from 2010 of yours!
“I won’t call myself a weirdo. I’d rather say that I’m creative in an extremely weird way.”
– Ingrid Emmariza