Hi all you amazing people out there!
Wow, guess what? And wow, that’s a really stupid question as I’ve already spoiled it with the headline … Wow, I’m dumb. I’m trying again.
*Performing a perfectly unsteady drum roll on the table* I’ve reached 50 likes on my blog! Great thanks to all my faithful readers! Despite the fact that my fellow soldiers and I find ourselves in the middle of our so-called “drill season”, making us more busy than ever – I promise, being members of the world famous Band Team of His Majesty The King’s Guard of Norway has turned us all into celebrities – you seem to enjoy and appreciate my blog. And, above all, you seem to appreciate me – not only as a blogger, but also as a person – which means more to me than one hundred cheeseburgers … Okay, two hundred, then!
And, as you know, I love finding excuses for celebration (just like when I celebrated 10 posts on my blog), and this occasion is, of course, no exception!
Phew, well, that was a long appetizer! So, as today’s number is 50, I’ll serve you today’s main course, no matter if you find it tasty or not: 50 random facts about me!
1. My full name is Ingrid Emmariza Aarskog (“Aarskog means something like “Yearwoods” in English, if you wondered), which makes me Private Aarskog in the military.
2. Emma Riza was my filipino first name.
3. I can rap the lyrics of “low” by Flo Rida by heart.
4. I suck at mental arithmetic, but imaginary finger counting works great.
5. My favorite band is The 1975.
6. When I’m home alone, I just can’t handle silence. To get comfortable, I’ve to turn on some loud music, or turn on the TV, as well as I talk out loud to myself. Mostly in English, sometimes in French. Why, you ask? Me too.
7. This is my most liked profile picture on Facebook, with 167 likes. Moral: Get your ass in a uniform, get likes on Facebook.
8. I. Love. Disney. Movies. LOVE.
9. I think way too much about thinking.
10. For some weird reason, I very often scratch my ears in my sleep at night. And that’s not all; I scratch them so furiously that when sleeping in my military bed, I actually wake all my five roommates up. Yep, I’m a horrible roommate.
11. Pizza means the world to me – Big One Triple Cheese is my lovely favorite.
12. My favorite YouTubers and role models on the Internet are Connor Franta and Jamie Curry. And by the way, do yourself a favor and subscribe to their channels. Like, right now. Yeah, now. Now.
Lovely. Just lovely.
The definition of true awesomeness!
13. Because of my Asian origin, my alcohol limits are … well … limited.
14. My Asian origin has also ensured that I’m intolerant to beer. Good thing I don’t like it anyway!
15. Right now, when writing this post, I listen to “Lean On” by Major Lazer.
16. If I don’t have access to Facebook or my cell phone, I feel super isolated.
17. I’m probably the most picky person in the world when it comes to food. At the beginning of my military service it was actually a very big problem, and fainting during a session with combat conditioning made me realize that I really had to make a change.
18. I don’t always pay attention to fences … But when I do, I breakdance on’em.
19. I’ve played the flute for 12 years, but actually, when I started playing in my school marching band as an eight-year-old, I wanted to play the trumpet. Unfortunately, there were no trumpets left for me. Today, I still have this feeling that the trumpet fits my musical attitude more than the flute.
My boyfriend is a trumpet player, and I’ve much fun borrowing it. Though, when I play on it, it rather sounds like musical farting.
20. However, I love writing music for flute. For example, I’ve written a piece for five flutes called “Se meg” (meaning “See me”), and a flute trio called “Arrival of Spring” consisting of three movements, “Dance of the Snow Crystals”, “Tale of the Storm” and “Song of the Sun”.
21. I HATE SPIDERS!
22. I HATE MUSHROOMS!
23. I HATE RAINY DAYS!
24. I have an awesome little brother, Kjetil Jerico. He’s a great musician – he plays the guitar and sings like a god – with a wide range of tastes in music. I recommend you all to check out his SoundCloud page!
25. This is my most liked photo on Instagram, with 51 likes – taken before the drill season brought all this high-frequency piccolo playing into my life.
26. Right now, my brain tries to convince me that the piccolo is the reason why I scratch my ears in my sleep.
27. Weather affects my mood very easily. If I wake up to the sound of raindrops on my window … Well, let’s say I get up looking like the grumpy cat.
28. I’ve a driver’s licence, but I haven’t driven a car for about half a year. Wow, I miss driving in the summer, sunglasses on, listening to the radio with the car windows rolled down … *sigh*
29. I’ve no piercings or tattoos, but I really want to get a tattoo after the military!
30. To straighten my hair properly, I’ve to spend two hours. Good thing I’ve made my own list of movies for such tedious activities. “Step Up 4” is my absolute favorite.
31. My boyfriend means the world to me even more than pizza does.
32. He just washed and combed my hair, and I feel blessed.
33. I love dancing in the bathroom with headphones on, lip syncing to some good music.
34. … And when I worked as a Hip Hop instructor, most of the moves for the coreographies were made that way. So, my dear dancers – yeah, you performed moves made in a bathroom for those hundreds of people.
Oh, how I miss this! Here, we’re dancing to Havana Brown’s “We Run The Night”, and the coreography was was mainly made in the bathroom.
35. An emoji describing my mood right now:
36. I actually like listening to music by Justin Bieber.
37. I actually don’t see the point of hating on his music.
38. I love strength exercising, and since I was a kid I’ve found fitness and muscle building very interesting. I dream of a fit and muscular body … I’ll never be able to sacrifice pizza and cheeseburgers for it, though.
39. I can do 40 push ups in a row, but only 26 sit ups.
40. When I was younger, I had this huge obsession with dogs – which has resulted in my abilities of growling, barking and running on all fours.
41. I love acoustic versions of songs.
42. I know how to handle a HK-416, but I wish I was better at shooting with it.
43. I’ve had shin splints in both legs as long as I can remember. Thanks, Breakdance.
44. My last kiss was seven minutes ago.
45. After a shower, I love walking around in pajamas, bathrobe and slippers, being all cozy.
46. I’m super ticklish!
47. However, the best way of waking me up in a weekend morning is tickling my neck …
48. … And if you do that; no matter how much I try to resist, I’ll make snuggle noises.
49. I love giving hugs.
50. Considering all those facts, I guess you think I’m quite weird.
Well, that’s a huge bunch of random information about me! I hope you enjoyed this little celebration with me, and if not – go eat five cheeseburgers, and you’ll feel perfect in three and a half second.
“I won’t call myself a weirdo. I’ll rather say that I’m creative in an extremely weird way.”
– Ingrid Emmariza